Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Joy of a Completed Puzzle: Neuschwanstein Castle

The subject of this puzzle, Neuschwanstein Castle, is one that makes me wish that I could've been a collector of experiences/memories, as opposed to one who collects material items, because this is the sort of place that I would love to see in person. Unfortunately for me, not only was I not made for travel, but with all of the trivial things that I'm constantly being compelled to buy, even if I were the sort who could travel, I'd never be able to save up enough money for a such a trip.

This puzzle seemed like it was gonna be a bit more difficult than usual, and honestly, was, at least until the sky got finished. After that, it was pretty smooth sailing castling. Also, given where I bought this, I really didn't think that it was going to be complete, so it was a pleasant surprise to find that it was.

And apologies for doing two puzzle posts in a row on here. I don't want this to turn into a puzzle blog, but a bout of depression showed up a few weeks ago, and I'm having trouble shaking it. This of course, has made blogging (posting and reading) more difficult, thus resulting in less posts across my three blogs this month (and part of last). I have been working slowly on one of the music countdowns that I teased a couple of months ago, and think that I'll be able to start that within the next few weeks.

Anyway, as per usual, I'll leave you with a better picture of the puzzle, courtesy of the box...

Puzzle Details:
Maker: Milton Bradley 
Title: Neuschwanstein Castle
Size: 1000 pieces
Price Paid: $1.99

5 comments:

  1. Hope you are doing better now than you were a few weeks ago.

    I recently saw somewhere that these puzzles rarely have exactly 1,000 pieces. If you multiply the pieces on a horizontal and a vertical you get something like 1,008.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always love the Milton Bradley/Big Ben puzzles. That one looks very nice. I'm finishing up on a 2000 piece puzzle and have a couple more planned. Puzzles really have helped me mentally the last couple years, so I hope it breaks you out of your funk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A. That castle is gorgeous. There was a time when I thought I'd one day travel to Europe, but I'm starting to accept the fact that it won't happen. My goal of one day making to Japan is still on the table though. We'll see.

    B. Very glad the puzzle was complete. I can't imagine how disappointed I'd get if I worked hard to finish something like this only to find a piece or two missing.

    C. Sorry to hear about the bout of depression. Hope things turn around for you sooner than later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jon - hope you are feeling better.

    Great puzzle. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a cool puzzle. I bet the sky pieces were really hard. I feel the same way about travel. Things look nice on the interner, but getting me there is like pulling teeth sometimes.

    ReplyDelete

Catching up (and other random musings): Part 2

You'd never know it, but I had intended to send this post out into the world about a week after the last one. Obviously that didn't ...